Ham ‘n Jam
This sounds like the perfect meal for a hot summer night…just add your favorite salad!
Ham and Parmesan Sandwiches with Raspberry Jam
- Sourdough or other hearty bread, sliced 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
- Olive oil
- Raspberry jam (cherry and strawberry would also work fine!)
- Thin-sliced ham
- Parmesan cheese, shaved into thin pieces with a vegetable peeler
1. Heat grill to medium high. Brush both sides of bread with olive oil and grill on both sides until slightly charred.
2. Spread bread with jam, and then layer on ham and shaved cheese.
This is from one of my favorite food blogs, Framed Cooks. Follow this link to get more details on this simple sandwich…
I’m going to try this sandwich with Eatzi’s cheese bread (It literally has little chunks of cheese baked into the bread…Divine!), skip the Parmesan, and get a similar effect!
What’s your favorite summer sandwich?